Friday 2 December 2011

Running Up That Hill

Finally, after three years, I'm two days away from finishing university - woohoo! It's a very strange feeling, I have to say. Somewhat like having run a mental and emotional marathon up the equivalent of the Himalayas and finally being back on solid ground. It also means I'll be able to get back to writing properly again, which right now is the most exciting aspect for me.

For the past few months I've had to knuckle down and put every spare moment into writing wellness plans for clients (as part of my clinical practice) and putting together assignments. Which has, of course, led to many hours spent dreaming up new twists and turns in the story, themes and elements to introduce, but having to store them in the back of my mind to put down on paper at a later date.

Well, that date is here.

Two exams down, one to go.
Twenty-five clients seen, zero to go.
Twenty-four wellness plans handed in, one to go.

If I don't know how to pass this exam after three years of full-time work on three different qualifications, then I probably shouldn't have the degree. That's how I'm justifying spending the next three or four hours penning the tale of a young woman with a massive secret, anyway...

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment